Sunday 29 March 2009

Toa Payoh Town Park

Toa Payoh Town Park is an excellent
location for butterfly watching. The species recorded
are basically urban ones, though forest butterflies will
occasionally make surprise visits to the garden.
this is the story of my trip on my trip.
When I got to the park, I could tell why the park was
so popular to butterflies. There were bushes of ixora,
lots of cat's whiskers, stalks of heliconia and bougainvillea
climbing all over. Blues were fluttering in company of three-spot
grass yellows. Chocolate pansies (below ) were aslo abuntant there.

I spotted a common mormon and a chestnut bob. ( below )
Suddenly, rain started pelting down on me, so I
had to take cover. I waited and waited for about an hour!
I headed back home after the rain got slightly lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment