Wednesday 16 May 2012

Behind my house

I have not been posting very often lately. The weather hasn't
been very predictable either, but the butterfly activity is definitely
picking up. Even though I couldn't go out to shoot, I managed to
find a few common butterflies just outside my house. This is a
pristine chestnut bob resting on a blade of cow grass, its caterpillar
host plant.

It was very tame and stood still for a few photos.
The second, a pale grass blue, was settling down to rest
for the night. The fading light and the swarming mosquitoes
made her really hard to nail. This was one of the few
sharper shots I managed of this abundant little critter.
Well that's all I have for now, hopefully I will be able
to get out to photograph more butterflies soon.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment