Friday 1 May 2009

Maybe the SBG is a better place

Okay, just another trip to the Singapore
Botanic Gardens ( SBG ). So what? I
often go there, and there's the same things,
but always, a surprise. I seemed to love going
there after the incident of the blue winged pitta.
This time, the treat is about butterflies. I was
chasing a chocolate pansy, one of S'pore's most
common butterflies, and got this lovely image
of the pansy. ( sunbathing, below )
The butterfly did come to puddle on my foot,
it felt kind of ticklish. Then not long after, this
skink came into view. ( below )
Okay, all the action starts now. Drawn by a male
common birdwing, the rare and elusive common
rose caught my eye. I looked again, could it just
be the very common common mormon? No! Its
body was orange. I did not manage to get its picture
taken but at least I saw it. Then a common palmfly
fluttered beside me. Well, palmflies are common, but
I have never gotten so close to one. Snap! ( below )
Then, a butterfly distracted me. As I was rather
sweaty it landed near me probably thinking if it
should come and puddle on my head. ( below perching )

The photo was taken from below, and now, again,
a butterfly distracted me. No. It was not only one, it
was a pair of mating grass yellows. I couldn't
identify them as they were quite far away. My
image ( below ) is not sharp coz' of the distance.

Now, time to go. As my sister was evaporating,
yes, she was parched. So, we went home.
If only everyday was like this.......

No comments:

Post a Comment